Who is it for?
Committee members, support workers and staff wishing to make their meetings more inclusive.
How long is the course?
Who are the facilitators?
An experienced consumer advocate who has done Voice at the Table training will lead the session together with a Voice at the Table project worker.
Where is it?
The training can be run at your next committee meeting.
The purpose of this training is to provide committee members with simple tips to ensure your meetings are accessible and inclusive for people with cognitive disabilities.
The topics to be covered include:
- Disability, advocacy & inclusion – an introduction
- Accessible information, agendas and minutes
- Support workers – best practice
- Inclusive Chair – facilitation tips
- Meeting tips to involve everyone
- Speaking up
- Build an understanding of why inclusive practice is important
- Identify barriers to participation for people with cognitive disabilities
- Learn and practice skills and techniques for inclusive practice within meetings